Anthony C. Albanese (Tony)
1321 Hickory Point Drive Lexington North Carolina 27292 276-226-5461
Professional Services Consultant, CDK Global
I possess a broad knowledge of the automotive industry including Automotive Retailing, Sales Training, Business Development Training, Mechanical Repair, Collision Repair, as well as the technologies associated with these vocations. I began my career as an automotive technician and have managed hundreds of mechanical repair technicians and collision repair technicians. I have won many awards for customer satisfaction and performance including coveted industry awards such as Hendrick Champions and Chrysler 5 Star Elite. I have held supervisory roles in top-level dealership management, variable operations management, as well as fixed operations with significant success. Additionally I have a professional-level knowledge of computers, networks, graphic design, and most business software including the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office. I have the public speaking skills needed to promote excitement and motivation of team members in automotive vocations. Most importantly, I possess a clear understanding of the tools and skills necessary to have a rewarding career in this industry. For the last 5 years, I have served as a consultant for CDK Global, training dealership employees, managers, and Dealers, on cutting-edge processes to modernize their business models and culture.
Career History & Accomplishments
Professional Services Consultant, CDK Global 2014-Present
· Coach and Train dealership stakeholders and employees in business development and sales processes
· Execute in-dealership training agenda’s provided by CDK Global
· Provide motivation and training for maximum impact in dealership environment
· Manage Travel and itineraries for most cost and time efficient travel
· Prepare reports of activity and documentation of results of dealership training.
Director of Operations, Nelson Automotive Group 2008-2014
· Direct all Fixed Operations including five Service departments, Collision Center, 5 Parts departments, Salvage Yard, Towing Company, and Rental Agency
· Administrator of all Computer Systems and networks
· Direct all advertising processes and promotions
· Hiring and Firing duties as well as cost management and risk management responsibilities
· Reduced Overall expenses by nearly 50% after 2008 economic collapse.
· Increased Fixed Operations Sales and Gross Profit by over 100% in 5 years
Technical Sales Manager, Hendrick Jeep Chrysler 2005-2008
· Managed Internet Sales Team
· Trained all new salespeople in product knowledge and sales processes
· Contributed in Winning Hendrick Champions Award both years
Director of IT & Marketing, Nelson Automotive Group 1999-2005
· Manage all advertising for multi-line, multi-location dealership group
· Designed and implemented a new Wide-Area Network that saves company hundreds of thousands per year.
· Created Local area networks for 150+ users
· Developed and supervised a diverse Internet Marketing and Sales program.
· Provide marketing and sales analysis to Store Managers, Department heads, and the dealer.
· Provide technical support and training for 250 employees
National Sales Director, NEOCOM Microspecialists, Inc. 1995-1999
· Helped migrate company from proprietary software applications to Internet-Based Suite of Production Tools.
· Sold software applications, Internet based products, and services to Large International Corporations.
· Top sales representative with record sales every year.
Business Owner / Automotive Industry Manager, 1979-1995
I worked for several Automotive Dealership Groups managing Parts, Service, and Collision Shop operations. I have experience in management operations, customer satisfaction, and claims processing for more than 25 Manufacturers Vehicle Lines. I supervised more than 150 employees. Owned my own company for 3 years in Collision Repair with more than 25 employees. I managed a large dealership Collision Shop for more than 4 years and was the most profitable department in the dealership for most of that time. I have broken sales and profit records in every position and won every award available for customer satisfaction and performance.
Micro Computer Systems & Business Administration
Pitt Community College, Greenville, NC.
Vocational Certificate in Automotive Technology
Pitt Community College, Greenville, NC.
Many Manufacturer and Industry Sponsored Courses
General Motors, Subaru of America, Mercedes Benz, Mazda Motors, Ford Motor
Company, Peugeot Motors, Honda USA, Toyota NA, Chrysler Corporation, Volvo Motors, Lexus NA, SAAB USA, Hendrick Automotive Group, 3M Corporation, ICAR, ASE, Keyes, Reynolds & Reynolds, ADP, CDK Global, Autotrader.com, Microsoft, Google, and many more.
Course work includes:
Finance and Insurance, Sales Processes, Hiring and Firing, Warranty Policies and
Procedures, Business Management, Business Development, Customer Relations, Employee Relations, Logical Selling, Profit and Loss, Electronics Theory, Reynolds & Reynolds Systems, CDK Global Systems, and many more.Automotive Systems
Reynolds & Reynolds ERA, CDK Drive, CRM systems including Reynolds CM, CDK CRM, VinSolutions, DealerSocket, Higher Gear, ProMax, eLeads, and more.